We wish to achieve the following long lasting impact:
- A sense of purpose that instils motivation and determination to forge own success.
- Improvement in mental and physical health – self-belief, self-esteem and confidence.
- A culture of social conscience and giving through citizenship, resources and enrichment.
- Improvement in personal character – resilience, initiative and tenacity.
- Improvement in employability – new leadership, understanding and development of behaviours employers need, teamwork, problem solving, public speaking, and research skills.
- Improved engagement in education, work experience, apprenticeships, employment or training.
We support work that help solve the problems of:
- Increasing marginalisation of a significant proportion of young people
- Lack of resources applied to 16 to 18 year olds who are NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training)
- Increased mental health issues in young people
- Increasing youth offending and re-offending rates in the 10-17 age group
- Lack of employability and life skills taught in secondary level education
- Barriers to disadvantaged youth accessing apprenticeships and the benefits of the Youth Obligation Support Programme
We will work with
- Disadvantaged children and young people
- Young people who are NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training)
- Public service professionals
- Trained volunteers
- Community Foundations
- Charitable Foundations and Charities
© Main photograph used with the permission of Charity Name. Photographer Firstname Surname.
Find out more about application criteria Applicant Info